One thing I noticed while messing with the settings is that they definitely make a big difference in getting to an ultimate image on this LCD. Furthermore, this model appears to be very flexible, and as such most of the non catrostophic issues I am hearing about on different forums can be cleared up if you are using the correct settings. The settings that I am using are below in case you care. The most important one of the lot was the HDMI Black=Low.
K. McNutt (Minnetonka, MN United States) :We've had our 5265 for a few days now, and I've had some time to adjust and tweak the settings to where color, brightness and black details are pretty good. That's kind of an understatement as there is a big WOW factor when it's all set up well. A very important factor with a tv this large is the quality of the signal being fed to it. If your provider uses heavy compression on the signal being fet to you, you're going to see macro-blocking artifacts and other such noise. Our tv is plugged into cable directly out of the wall, and the built-in tuner takes care of the rest. HD from NBC and others is very cool. We watch DVDs on an upscaling Sony with HDMI, and the picture is very enjoyable. HD-DVD or BluRay would be a real treat.
I only have a couple of relatively small issues that keep me from giving it 5 stars. One is that when auto-programming cable channels, the tv would freeze-up and turn itself off whenever it got to channel 108 for some reason. Then, after a moment, it would turn itself back on and repeat as long as it was on 108. There's nothing on 108 for us, so to bypass this, I just unplugged the cable as it reached 108 and plugged it back in after it was past it, and everything works fine. Now, to be honest, I'm not sure it's the fault of the tv or the feed from the cable company, but it didn't happen with our smaller tv.
Gabriel J. Martinez "Gabe Mtz" (Laguna Niguel, CA):I have a very bright room and I am energy concious so a plasma was not a good option for me since they catch a lot of glare and use more power. The picture quality you get out of a plasma in the right setting still is superior to LCD but only in certain instances. The Samsung LCD picture is awesome 90% of the time, where it falls short is in very dark scenes. There is a problem with what I found from other blog sites and reviews (based on the Sony with the same screen) of "light leaking". In very dark scenes the picture is sometimes not totally black you can see what appear to be shadows or pixel movements. Now most people don't even notice it but if you're a perfectionist geek like me it is an annoyance. However, for me the LCD is still the better choice than plasma and I would not change my decision the picture quality is excellent most of the time so it is not a big deal. Of all the LCD's that I have seen this one along with the Sony have the best picture quality hands down. Although, Sharp's new box is getting close. Don't be fooled by low end manufactured products claiming to be as good. Carefully, look at the specs and the picture quality particuarly during fast moving scenes where you may catch bluring.


Không có nhận xét nào:
Đăng nhận xét